Saturday, January 5, 2008

Waste Not, Want Not!

When I get to the end of a strip set and it's not long enough for another rail fence block, I cut the remainder into 1.5 inch strips. Later on I plan to sew them to light/blue/light strips and make tiny Nine Patches with red centers. Waste not, want not!

Of course I'm saving any odd shaped bits at the end of a strip set for crumb blocks. Anything narrower than half an inch I allow myself to throw away.

One advantage of trailing behind the rest of you is that I have a better idea of which scraps to save for which step, now that I know that I'll be needing wider pieces for the quarter square triangles and the 3.5 inch filler squares.

It's raining heavily now. Perfect weather in which to stay indoors and sew. Let's see if I can make it to Step 2 by Monday.

No comments: