Monday, January 14, 2008

Starting Step 2 -- Problem!


I hate having to switch sewing machines in the middle of a project. But with the 1090 in the shop, I have no choice. I sewed and cut a few strip sets for Step 2. Then I sewed up one of the Nine Patches. Darn! My scant 1/4 inch seam must be a mite too scant. That block is just a wee bit too large. Was it because I switched machines? Or was my #37 foot slightly damaged when the 1090 fell?

What a pain! I guess I can compensate on any new strip sets I sew. I wonder if I should try to adjust the ones I've already cut. Not unsew them, but just do another line of stitching. I guess I'll think about that tomorrow. Time now for bed.

1 comment:

Karen (Misiz C) said...

I love the colors you've chosen for the CC mystery quilt. I wouldn't worry about the difference in seam allowances on the 9 patches unless it's more than 1/8". It's easy to pick it up in the next seam. The hourglass blocks would be a different story.. it would affect your points.

I'm so sorry to hear about your 1090. That is my MIL's machine of choice and although others have tried to get her to trade it in on a newer model, she loyally refuses. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they can repair yours.