Sunday, March 2, 2014

7 Posts in 7 Days - Final Edition

The depressing thing about doing Stash Reports is that I'm such a slow quilter that I hardly ever get to record any fabric used. A lot of things are in progress, but the only one I've finished is a sun dress for my niece's doll which used up a mere quarter of a yard.

Quite a lot of fabric came in this week, but they were all thrifty purchases.

I bought the Ultimate Fat quarter Collection from Nancy's Notions: 42 fat quarters for $41.99. Although I love buying fabric grab bags, and it was a good price, I really hesitated when I placed the order. A customer had left a bad review of this item because she felt that most of the fabrics she received were dark gloomy colors. However, as a scrappy quilter, I thought it likely that most of the fabric would be useful. And I was not disappointed.

At the thrift store I found 2 yards of this print for only $1.90.

Then my brother gave me 6 large men's shirts. I'm not sure how you figure the yardage on these.
I'm going to say 1/2 a yard per shirt since they have short sleeves.

Weekly Stash Report March 2, 2014

Added this week: 13.5
Added year to date: 73.5
Used this week: .25
Used year to date: .50
Net year to date: 73

Today I'm linking to the Stash Reports at Patchwork Times.

This is the last installment of 7 Posts in 7 Days. This week I joined Jennifer Fulweiler in writing seven posts in seven days. To check out other bloggers who were doing the same, see the list here.


Michelle said...

"Dark and gloomy" colors? I'm guessing someone who leaned towards civil war reproductions might absolutely love those -- and have unhappy things to say about bright and modern colors.

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

I feel that there are no ugly fabrics. I agree with Bonnie Hunter that if it looks ugly, you just haven't cut it small enough. :-)

Michelle said...

I had the same thought about civil war reproductions -- a quilter who likes bright modern prints might not be happy with those. And the reproduction quilter wouldn't like the brights! I think you've got to be flexible if you're going to buy grab bags.