Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Meant What I Said . . .

Here is proof positive that I meant what I said on Saturday. Conquering the demon of Procrastination, I unsewed the defective four-patch.

Then I replaced it with a new one and closed up the wound I'd made in the already finished row of blocks. Whew! I feel so much better now, and I'm eager to assemble the remaining rows and get this quilt completed in time for cold weather. (Which, here in Southern California, will not be soon. We're having another heatwave; the high today was 111˚!

Speaking of cold weather, my son and his family have just moved to Ohio where the nights are already chilly. Having just come from Texas, they are seriously understocked with blankets. What an incentive for Grandmama to make more quilts! (Though at the rate I work they probably wouldn't be ready until next winter.)


Louise said...

I've fixed a quilt block that way before. Bricks & Stepping Stones is on my list too. I love Bonnie's patterns and would like to make every single one of them!

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

It looks like I'll have to fix a couple more blocks in this quilt.

Because I didn't have an area large enough to layout all of my blocks, I accidentally ended up with three bricks of the same fabric in the last row. I kept trying to convince myself that it would be okay that way, but finally decided to unsew and insert a different print.